Health, safety & environment:
At International Textile, consistent priority as given to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) initiatives. The focus is not to drive towards short-term statistical results. It is to ensure long-term wellness of our people and the environment around occupational health and safety initiatives (OHS). The Company HSE Platform is in line with applicable local laws, OHSAS 18001: 2007 & ISO 14001-2004 standards. It is also aligned with our customers’ expectations. In pursuing this integrated model, management has identified the following overarching aims:
- Effectively eliminate workplace injuries and occupational illnesses and occupational illnesses to all staff involved in our operations.
- Management of HSE matters is a line responsibility. A structured and integrated management system approach is being put in place to ensure safe and uninterrupted business operations, without harm to the environment.
- OHS risks arising out of workplace factors and conditions are assessed, eliminated our adequately controlled.
- Reducing the impact to the people from our operations, products, processes & services. That is, Business Success through HSE Excellence.
To underpin these aims, the following objective has been established. This is the integrated HSE management system.
- Zero fatalities and lost time injuries (LTI).
- Implement and continuously improve HSE practices applicable to local regulatory requirements, meeting international standards and global customer’s expectations.
- One hundred percent (100%) reporting of workplace safety incidents, occupational illnesses and significant spills.
- Assess and continuously improve the impact of business activities on the environment. This is accomplished by adopting long term sustainable strategies that best utilize resources and prevent pollution through effective control measures. These are associated with National Environment Quality Standards (NEQS) for 100% compliance.